- About Us
- Domain Name Registry Services
- New Top Level Domains
- Mobile & Web Services
- Managed DNS
- Contact Us
Afilias' specialized technology makes Internet addresses more accessible and useful through a wide range of applications, including Internet domain registry services, Managed DNS and award-winning mobile Web services.
Network Operations Centre Analyst
As a NOC Analyst you will support the Afilias registry network monitoring team to assess Network Performance on a real time basis. You will directly report to the Network Operations Center Team Leads. Additional responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to; providing technical guidance to Afilias Customer Support Team, identifying and escalating Infrastructure, Systems & Network impacting events and supporting root cause analysis efforts.
This position requires a critical eye for detail and the ability to identify infrastructure, network and applications activity impacts. The candidate must have the ability to communicate "cause and effect" issues on a technical level. A solid understanding of networks and some experience with core registry components is necessary to the success of this position, and must be learned quickly and comprehensively. A team of technical and management resources supports these positions who are dedicated to improving the operational performance of the registry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide 7x24x365 network and systems monitoring
• Monitor all aspects of Network, Systems and Network Infrastructure
• Provide network support for the Afilias registry and production networks
• Prompt escalation of application/system problems including assisting in determining root cause of problem through to appropriate solution
• Keeping internal and external customers apprised of work effort being conducted to resolve their issues through the construction and issuing of notices using the appropriate templates provided
• Consulting with appropriate member of the IT and/or Development team in order to assist in resolution of customer and registry issues
• Escalate to NOC Team Leads, On-call Duty Manager, IT and/or Development support when appropriate
• Act as first level support for customer problems
• Prepares management reports and perform daily/weekly checklists
• Act as liaison between both technical and business departments
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Interpersonal skills required:
• Able to adapt to frequent change
• Attentive to detail
• Able to take initiative
• Able to work with others
• Excellent ability to absorb, comprehend, and explain written technical material
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Technical knowledge & skills required:
• At least 2 years equivalent experience in a 24x7 mission critical environment.
• Solid understanding of DNS infastructure from Root level to Registrant level.
• Familiarity with some of the following:
o Vmware Server/Workstation ESX/ESXi
o Nagios, NagiosXI Fruity, Zenoss Enterprise, Zenoss Core, Cacti, OpenNMS, SNMP.
o SQL knowledge in MySQL, Postgres
o Knowledge of Bash, Perl, Python, XML, Java.
o University degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Computer Networking,
o Telecommunications, Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Open Source and Proprietary Monitoring systems.
• Linux Administration
• Normal office environment
• Required to work rotating shifts, frequently outside of normal working hours.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com